Youth & Family Program Staff
Under direct supervision of the Family & Adult Program Coordinator and the Youth Development Director, Youth & Family Program Staff will be responsible for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for a group of families and children enrolled in the YMCA programs, including, but not limited to Birthday Parties & Safety Classes & Family Events. Youth & Family Program Staff are responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate manner, setting an example for children, parents and coworkers by reflecting the YMCA core values of: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
• Supervises and communicates effectively with a group of children, adults or families with a creative, fun, positive attitude.
• Implement program activities and curriculum that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate, theme based, and are consistent with YMCA values.
• Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings.
• Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergencies.
• Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
1. High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
2. Previous experience working with children and families preferably in a day camp setting.
3. Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, archery, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc…
4. At least 18 years of age.
5. CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications prior to start date.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
Reports to: Youth Development Director/ Family & Adult Program Coordinator
Pay Scale: $8-11.50/hr
Please email resume to Sarah Lutiger at email@example.com
3673 Love Lane
Bozeman, MT 59718
Connect With Us